fedora 7 - legacy USB?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Aug 14 00:40:05 UTC 2007

Jerome Kan wrote:

> I don't think that that is the case because the keyboard that I am currently
> using is not a usb keyboard.

With my laptop, I needed to turn off USB legacy in order to get use of
my built-in keyboard.

> I use a ps/2 keyboard so I don't think that that is the problem. As
> for the top posting issue thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Doubtful that USB legacy setting being off would influence a PS/2
keyboard. Being enabled might since at least the person that clued me
into the setting and myself setting it off eliminated the error with no
keyboard.

> The email program I currently use automatically formats replies
> above,
Almost! If you reply after the signature of the message, you end up
tacked to the signatures of messages. Usually that leaves your message
in light text and it is ignored by a lot of people. (The signatures in
general). Also when some mailers reply, (Seamonkey and probably
thunderbird too) the signature portion of the message for the message
being replied to is not available.
Regarding broken mailers, I know what you are talking about.
Netscape.net's web interface is horrible, almost as bad as Outlook.

> however I have now remedied the problem.,

And what fixed your problem with the keyboard not working?

Jim