No GUI--only console and xclock.

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Aug 14 01:34:37 UTC 2007

Rohan Kulkarni wrote:
>> Was this a text install or Graphics mode install? The reason I ask is
>> because the text install which I did recently seemed to be out of sync
>> with the actual packages selected.
>> Regardless, at your present state of installation, maybe running
>> yum groupinstall " KDE (K Desktop Environment)"
>> might get KDE installed onto your system. KDE does not seem to be
>> installed from what I get from your postings.
>>
>> Jim

> I installed F7 in graphical mode...I used the command yum
> groupinstall "KDE Software Development".

I would assume that the development packages would pull in the desktop
environment packages also. I have not tried to only install development
package without selecting the DE selection though.

Since you were using the graphical installer, the text installer was not
  cuing package selections out of sync, like I suspected.

Jim

--
The right half of the brain controls the left half of the body.  This
means that only left handed people are in their right mind.