Problem with bind/named (DNS-Resolution not working) (RESOLVED, but needs more testing)

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Aug 14 05:54:07 UTC 2007

Roger Grosswiler wrote:

> so, this evening, i changed in the options-area of my named.conf the following:
>
> allow-query-cache { net1/netmask; net2/netmask; };
>
> net/netmask means as an example 10.0.0.0/8
>
> and since then it works. But just to be sure, it is because of the change i made and
> nothing else, i need more testing.
>
> So i hope this helps also others which fiddle around with named.

I've a suggestion/request.

Most folks will sort lists like this by the "thread".  So, if you fix your
issue and wish to report on it you should simply reply to your previous post
and change the Subject: as needed.  This will retain the headers that allow
email clients to sort threads properly.  It is just some nice thing you can
do to make things easier to follow.