Need advice on a internet/gateway/firewall set-up

Thomas Fischer tvfischer.l at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 08:22:13 UTC 2007

Hey all,

I need some advise on the best type of set-up under Fedora including
configuration examples to build a «dual-homing» gateway/firewall.

The idea is to have the following set-up

    internet_ip_1                  internet_ip_2
          ------fedora_gateway-----

                   internal_network

So that is the network configuration, which will be put into place using
3 physical ethernet cards. I am thinking of bonding the 2 internet
facing ethernet cards but not sure how that would work with the 2
internet ip addresses.

Any suggestions? How would I load balance the access across both networks?

Thanks for the help