Has anyone ever made scanning work?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Aug 14 20:07:46 UTC 2007

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 14:06:09 -0400
> Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:
>
> # firmware upload is needed by the scanner
>
>>> firmware /usr/share/sane/snapscan/your-firmwarefile.bin
>>>
>>> Notice that it hasn't changed from the default as-installed snapscan.conf.
>>>

>> I had another thought on this, do you actually have a file there, and if
>> so what's in it and who put it there?
>>

> The directory /usr/share/sane/snapscan doesn't even exist.  All that I have
> in /usrs/share/sane is a file called sane-style.rc and a directory named xsane.

Okay, thanks for your time, I have no idea why xsane complains about the
file being missing on my system and not yours, unless for some reason
your scanner is recognized differently than mine and is not even looking
at the snapscan file. In any case, it has now officially taken too much
time and too many scanners, and I have to move on with another O/S,
since I can't find anyone other than you who even has a clue, or is
willing to offer thoughts.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO TMR Associates, Inc