Sun Java Plugin 6 does not work in Firefox on F7

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 21:13:08 UTC 2007

People,

The Sun Java plugin which comes with JRE 6 does not work correctly in
Firefox on several F7 machines I have here. It shows only a blank
space at the place where an applet should be in web pages. No errors,
no messages, but no applets :) There are a few F7 machines, however,
where the plugin works fine, but I can't detect any difference
between them and those where the plugin does not work.
The plugin from JRE 5 works fine on all machines.
Why is that? How can I make the plugin from JRE 6 to run consistently
in Firefox on F7?

Thanks,

Marcelo