System - Administration - Soundcard Detection - Volume Settings

Donald A. Greene dagreene at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 14 23:51:19 UTC 2007

I have a Fedora 7 system with all the latest changes as of August 13
applied.

I have the following problem:

When I go to System - Administration - Soundcard Detection - Volumes
Settings and raise the volume then click Apply and then OK the volume is
raised for sometime.  However, subsequently I find that the volume has
regressed back to its original setting (approximately half of total
volume).

It seems like there is no persistence to the change.  Is this a bug or
something unique to my system (Dell Optiplex GX150 using  Intel Corp -
Model 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio Controller Module: snd-intel8x0 with PCM
Device: Intel 82801BA-ICH2)

I would appreciate any advice concerning this situation.

--
Donald A. Greene
3509 Blocker Dr
EMAIL: dagreene at worldnet.att.net