firefox message is it an error or not

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed Aug 15 15:28:17 UTC 2007

Scott wrote:
> I am teaching my father some things about Linux when he brought up
> Firefox it said Firefox restore previous session at the top of Firefox.
> In the Button Box there are two buttons you can pres Start New Session
> or Restore Session.  I aam assuming this not normal and Dad said he
> closed down Firefox.  Was there possible  window opened before he closed it?
>
> Scott

This isn't a bug, it is a feature.  It is called session manager.

It allows you to close Firefox and resume where you left off.  I use
this daily to save me the hassle of saving all the tabs I have open and
then reopening them the next day.

I would find it a pain not to have this feature.  Also the crash
protection is great (96%) of the time.  I use tabs and if I go to digg,
rededit or slashdot, I will open all the pages I want to read in tabs
and then when I have gone through the site, I will read the articles.

Look under the Tools menu.

--
Due to the move to Exchange Server,
    anything that is a priority, please phone.