raid-one

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Aug 15 22:33:02 UTC 2007

Les wrote:
> Hi, Karl,
> 	The very first thing you should mention is backing up the disk.  Always
> a good idea, but especially so when formatting or partitioning disks.
> One mistake can spoil your whole day.
>
> Regards,
> Les H
> On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 14:34 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>>     I decided to write another paper that covers setting up a raid-1
>> computer :-)   As always it is a lot of work. Here is the
    Hi Les, I think I will disagree that you need to do anything special
while setting up raid-1. All the making of partitions  is on the new
Hard Drive and that has nothing to hurt with an accident :-)

    The part following what I wrote is making directories off /mnt and
copy of files from the existing system to the new HD. So I don't feel
the backup is necessary for this work. But as you say we should all
backup our computers and I do this to a USB HD 8-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User