LVM problems: pvmove "errors"

michael cs at networkingnewsletter.org.uk
Thu Aug 16 08:12:37 UTC 2007

I'm trying to reduce a logical vol so that I can remove a HD from it.
However, I get errors with pvmove but I don't know why:

chris at veri:~$ sudo /usr/sbin/pvdisplay /dev/sdb1
Password:
   --- Physical volume ---
   PV Name               /dev/sdb1
   VG Name               VolGroup00
   PV Size               698.64 GB / not usable 10.34 MB
   Allocatable           yes
   PE Size (KByte)       32768
   Total PE              22356
   Free PE               19156
   Allocated PE          3200
   PV UUID               xDWUQB-wdEx-AtEs-YFkh-BKBR-7Jgd-9ik3p0

chris at veri:~$ sudo /usr/sbin/pvdisplay /dev/sda2
   --- Physical volume ---
   PV Name               /dev/sda2
   VG Name               VolGroup00
   PV Size               465.66 GB / not usable 3.56 MB
   Allocatable           yes
   PE Size (KByte)       32768
   Total PE              14901
   Free PE               14839
   Allocated PE          62
   PV UUID               GLGcHf-b3Ga-M61f-okkW-HaAk-Al7P-leVK91

chris at veri:~$ sudo /usr/sbin/pvmove /dev/sdb1
   Failure parsing mirror status fraction: 1 core
   Failure parsing mirror status fraction: 1 core
   ABORTING: Mirror percentage check failed.