iwpriv problem - help would be appreciated

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Thu Aug 16 11:52:06 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have an Asus WL138G v2 wireless card (runs on the Broadcom 43xx driver). The
problem is that if I try to use iwpriv set, I get the following error

invalid command : set

Looking at iwlist wlan0 I can see

wlan0 available ioctls:
param (8BE0) set 2 int & get 0
get_param (8BE1) set 1 int & get 1 int

which doesn't really help me much.

If I try and set a default route, with route add default gw 192.168.0.1, I get
SIOCADDRT : no such process

If I try to bring up the device (ifconfig wlan0 192.168.0.10 netmask
255.255.255.0 up), I get SIOCSIFFLAGS : No such file or directory twice.

Running neat doesn't show any devices other than the inbuilt nic.

Running kernel 2.6.21-1.3243.fc8 (I've not been to update the box in quite a
while).

Any help would be appreciated.

TTFN

Paul