fedora 7 - legacy USB?

Jerome Kan whiz999 at rogers.com
Thu Aug 16 19:40:29 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Claude Jones
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2007 1:37 PM
To: For users of Fedora
Subject: Re: fedora 7 - legacy USB?

On Thursday August 16 2007 6:42:38 am Jim Cornette wrote:
> Excerpt #1:
> I just googled and found this 'pci=nommconf instead of
> acpi=off in grub did the trick for me' or 'disabling USB
> Legacy Support from BIOS'.
>
> Excerpt #2:
> Thank you very much. Thanks to your advice I am sending this
> message from my PC with SuSE Linux 10.0 installed. What I had
> to do was to disable the USB Mouse and Keyboard Support from
> the BIOS.
>
> Search criteria:
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=+gigabyte+GA-K8NF-9++and+
>USB+legacy&btnG=Google+Search
>
> Jim

Interesting - seems to confirm your earlier point. If I
understand Jerome correctly, he has tried "various BIOS settings
related to the keyboard" - presumably, he would have tried
turning the legacy USB BIOS support off and on, since he was
advised to several times in this thread - if you didn't Jerome,
that's your cue

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA

Hey guys thanks a lot I got it back up and running after opening the
computer up and making sure all the plugs were put in right and switching to
a usb keyboard thanks a lot guys. Finally I can attempt to install windows
again then attempt to install and set up fedora again ^_^
-Jerome