Forget Raid

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Aug 16 23:14:53 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:
>    I was sent a good paper by John Urish in 2006 titled Software RAID-1
> and it is VERY GOOD :-)
>
>    It is complete and it tells me how to rewrite grub.conf, fstab and
> initrd so my computer can boot and work with raid :-(
>
>    Forget it. I am not this interested in RAID!

Let us know how you feel after you restore from backup or lose your
files. People who describe stuff like this are often talking about the
pseudo-RAID crap on motherboards, which lack the features of both Linux
software RAID and genuine use-a-real-controller hardware RAID.

Software RAID, at least RAID-1, takes no nothing to get working, Fedora
just drop in on it.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>