new installonly arrangement in yum for F7

Mike C mike.cohler at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 14:20:04 UTC 2007

I have not seen any posts on the changed yum installonly facility.

On updating today after a few days away I see that there is a new integrated
installonly facility in yum (yum-3.2.2-1.fc7)

Previously I had changed tokeep=4 in the file

/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/installonlyn.conf

in order to retain 4 kernels after updates.

This file has now been saved as /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/installonlyn.conf.rpmsave
and the original filename is no longer there.

Am I correct in thinking that in order to keep 4 kerneles now
it is necessary to add a line to the file: /etc/yum.conf
with :
installonly_limit = 4

??