APC UPS

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Aug 17 17:46:47 UTC 2007

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 14:37:29 +0000,
  tony.chamberlain at lemko.com wrote:

> -Anyone use an APC Uinterruptible Power Source BK 350 with Linux?
> There is an RJ45-USB cable, but they say the USB cable will not work
> with Linux, and I need an RJ45 to Serial cable. Thw software that goes with
> it (PowerChute for Linux) asks which serial port you want to use it with so it
> must need a serial port.

Have you tried to see if the device works with nut instead of apc's software?

You might also ask on the nut list. APC got bought by MGE Sytems a while back
and they (MGE) sponsor nut development and are very open about their devices.
So the nut people may be able to get access to the information needed if
they don't already.