New Computer

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Aug 17 19:13:06 UTC 2007

Erich Zigler wrote:
> On Fri, August 17, 2007 1:53 pm, Karl Larsen wrote:
>

>>     Looking at Google I found The Biostar Geforce 6100-m9 NVIDIA Socket
>> 939 micro ATX USB 2.0/ Serial ATA/ RAID for $65.00 and a barebones kit
>> with mb and cpu and case 350 watt ps for $130.00.
>>     It has a floppy drive and serial port on the mb. With all the other
>> stuff. This would be my cheapest new computer unless you know why it is
>> bad.
>>

> Why are you getting a new computer? What would the new one do that your
> current one does not do? How old is your current computer?

    My current computer I made 5 1/2 years ago. It was made before USB
2.0 and Serial were invented. Now it has slow USB two replaced fans a
replaced power supply and has two old hard drives.

    This new one lets me buy new hard drives of the fast 3.0 GB/sec
serial type and the cpu is twice as fast as this one. I don't really
need that. The box I buy has new fans and is half the size of my current
one.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User