F7 http and ftp installs

Langdon Stevenson langdon at lindenrow.com.au
Fri Aug 17 22:50:15 UTC 2007

I have been attempting to perform an http install of Fedora 7 with no
luck.

I start the installer from an F7 rescue CD and work through the install
process.  However regardless of which mirror I specify for the download,
the installer fails to download stage2.img and I can't proceed.

The machine is getting an ip dynamically and can be pinged on the
network fine, so it seems unlikely that it is a network issue.

Can anyone suggest how I might trouble shoot this issue?

I have seen a couple of posts online from people with the same problem,
but never a solution.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,
Langdon