F7 http and ftp installs

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Fri Aug 17 23:48:18 UTC 2007

Langdon Stevenson writes:

> I have been attempting to perform an http install of Fedora 7 with no
> luck.
>
> I start the installer from an F7 rescue CD and work through the install
> process.  However regardless of which mirror I specify for the download,
> the installer fails to download stage2.img and I can't proceed.
>
> The machine is getting an ip dynamically and can be pinged on the
> network fine, so it seems unlikely that it is a network issue.
>
> Can anyone suggest how I might trouble shoot this issue?

Do you have functioning DNS?

> I have seen a couple of posts online from people with the same problem,
> but never a solution.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Works for me. Did an http install on several boxes myself. The only thing I
did differently is that I took the FC 7 DVD image, installed it on my
network, and installed off that.

I wouldn't really recommend doing what you're trying to do. It's going to
take forever, unless you're lucky enough to have a fast, reliable, and
nearby mirror.