Canon eos-30d not recognized (sort of)

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Sat Aug 18 16:20:30 UTC 2007

I have a problem with my camera, a Canon eos 30d, connected via usb. It
is not recognized correctly and the gthumb import does not work. This
has worked flawlessly since late June, when I bought the camera, and
worked as late as August 1. But now, when I connect the camera nothing
happens, well, it shows up with lsusb, but does not work with gthumb.

Has anyone else with a canon 30d camera experienced the same?

One odd thing is that lsusb shows

Bus 005 Device 006: ID 04a9:3114 Canon, Inc.

and that gthumb says

An error occurred in the io-library ('Bad parameters'): Could not find
USB device (vendor 0x4a9, product 0x3113). Make sure this device is
connected to the computer.

Note the 3114 and 0x3113 difference...

Anyone have a good strategy to debug this problem?

I have a fully updated Fedora 7 system, where I update daily. I have
tried with all kernels I have on the system,
kernel-2.6.22.1-27.fc7
kernel-2.6.22.1-33.fc7
kernel-2.6.22.1-41.fc7
kernel-2.6.22.2-57.fc7
and with udev from updates-testing but nothing helps.

I should add that my old HP Photosmart 715 works perfectly via usb.

No bugzilla yet as I am not sure what to bugzilla...

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars at homer.se>
http://www.sm6rpz.se/