I AM TRYING TO GET FEDORA CORE 6 O 7

Darlene Wallach freepalestin at dslextreme.com
Sun Aug 19 02:03:52 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 08:02 +0200, LEONARDO (ROOKIE) wrote:
>> i am trying to download, one of this two version from fedora ( 6 or
>> 7 ) from mirros in the page web, but always the file is corrupted, i'm
>> trying from diferent mirros, but always it is the same, my question is
>> the next, why?
>
> We don't know.  We don't know what OS and programs you're using, you
> might have a problem.  We don't know what ISP you're using, they might
> be the problem.  We don't know what mirror you're using, they might have
> a problem.
>
> More information is needed...
>
>> and where can i get a clean version or how can I fix the corrupted
>> versions?
>
> I don't think you could fix a broken download.  But if it's simply
> aborting before finishing, rather than being mangled along the way,
> there are tools that support resuming a download.  There are ways of
> downloading which do checks as it downloads, such as bittorrent.  You
> can buy copies already on disc from some places.  And you can sometimes
> get a free disc from someone (I'm in Australia, so there's bound to be
> someone much closer than me - it'd take ages to post something from here
> to there).
>
> Information here:  <http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora.html>

I had downloaded via http a DVD iso that failed sha1.
Someone suggested to me that perhaps http & ftp might
shut down before the entire download completed. This
person suggested using wget instead. When I used wget
I successfully downloaded a DVD iso that passed sha1.

You may want to try using wget to get your iso.

Darlene Wallach