using Drupal rpm

Ilia Dulgerov ilia at linuxman.biz
Sun Aug 19 09:23:57 UTC 2007

Scott wrote:
> Has anyone had any experience with the Drupal rpm yet?  I just
> installed it and made a soft link to "/var/www/html" and when I try to
> install it with http://192.168.1.105/drupal/install.php I get the
> following error:
> 403 Forbidden
>
> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access /drupal/install.php on this server.
>

> I suppose this is a permissions problem but what in the world do I set
> permissions at for this to install and then what permissions do I set
> once installed.  Also are there any special files I need to ensure are
> world readable while installing Drupal?
>
> Scott
 1. cd /var/www/html ; ln -s /usr/share/drupal drupal   so that som
http://blah-bla/drupal/ can work
 2. vi /etc/httpd/conf.d/drupal.conf  uncomment Allow from 127... and
put your local IP adress
 3. chmod apache  /etc/drupal/default/settings.php
 4.  check if SELinux makes troubles
 5. point web browser install using db name,db user name and  password
(you have to create db and user+pass for this db)
 6. chown root /etc/drupal/default/settings.php
check site have fun :-)

(I do this using F7 for install I did "yum install drupal")

regards.