Alternative booting

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Sun Aug 19 16:17:44 UTC 2007

Chris Jones wrote:
>> Which is unfortunate and is a GRUB/kernel issue.
>
> No, its either an issue with your bios or the way you have setup your system.
> Its not GRUB's fault and certainly not the kernels fault !!

OK, we have the following components that play a role:
- hardware
- BIOS
- GRUB
- kernel (?)
- user

Hardware works (brand new and tested), BIOS is from 2007 on an Asus
M2N32-SLi Deluxe. I guess it is somewhat safe to count that out as well.
User is always a possibility, but other than applying the updates I did
not make any changes to the system. No new partitions, no removal of
any, nothing other than the updates changed.

So, unless my list above is incomplete it doesn't really allow for much
else other than GRUB/kernel or some mysterious force from above. So what
is the next thing you tell me? Aliens abducted my system? ;)