mounting a ZIP drive

Michael Klinosky mpk2 at enter.net
Sun Aug 19 16:42:11 UTC 2007

Charles:
> I have no idea whether libsata supports zip drives or not. But here is
> what I would do, modified for use on F7.
>
> Before you run "modprobe imm", insert a disk. Then set up "tail -f
> /var/log/messages" in another terminal. Then run the modprobe
> command. The output from imm should show up in the output from
> /var/log/messages.

Well, no joy there.

In one terminal, I removed imm (modprobe -r imm). In another terminal, I
issued the 'tail' command (and let it go). In the first, I saw the line:
kernel: imm: Version 2.0.5 (for Linux 2.4.0)

I waited many seconds - nothing more.

Mikkel:
> There was a thread on
> this before with someone having the same problem with ZIP drives...

Found it! Back in June / July, Gene Poole had a thread "Where did it
go?" I wish that the subject was more specific - I would have noticed
it. (I don't read every email on this list.)

Sounds like zip drive support was effectively dropped in F7. I'll try
the tricks stated in that thread. However, I might just put the drive on
my MicroSludge box (what the heck - at least I could justify having
Windows!)