rpmbuild FAIL while packaging symlinks

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 12:31:15 UTC 2007

On 20/08/07, vicky <no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org> wrote:
> Thanks Andy & Michael for lot of info.
> I have tried ldcofig stuff as well but no luck yet.

So, to be clear, if you remove the symlinks, the package builds
successfully? And if you install the lib as libmylib.so.1, it builds,
too? And if you drop the "./" from the symlink creation, that doesn't
make a difference either? And you can also rebuild other src.rpms?

Verifying your installation "rpm -Va" and/or "rpm -V rpm-build rpm"
doesn't list any damaged files?

Can you turn on core dumps (with ulimit) and see what you would get
for the segfault?

> pls. find my .spec file...

Apart from lots of stuff inside the spec which you should not do in a
spec (it won't pass a Fedora Review, for example), there is one
obvious question. You do

  AutoReqProv: no

but when building the package, you *still* get the following lines?
That doesn't look right, because AutoReqProv = no disables those
Provides/Requires checks:

> Processing files: mylib-3.0-5
> Provides: libmylib.so
> Requires(interp): /bin/sh /bin/sh
> Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(CompressedFileNames)

Is there anything relevant which you do by overriding $HOME/.rpmmacros
or similar?