Bios freaks

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 16:55:01 UTC 2007

>     I don't think he was being funny. I have been around a long time and
> missed the point about moving /boot to the front of a disk. I have heard
> a thousand words a week about LVM and it never made the point that it
> moved /boot close to the near end of a hard drive. I HATE LVM.

I don't know about hating LVM.  When I use LVM, which is all the time,
I always create a /boot partition outside of the LVM volumes.  I have
created a /boot partition since the first time I put a 20GB drive in a
machine whose bios would only recognize a 2GB limit.

--
John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at