Bios freaks

Eric J. Feldhusen efeldhusen.lists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 18:05:49 UTC 2007

John Pierce wrote:
> I don't know about hating LVM.  When I use LVM, which is all the time,
> I always create a /boot partition outside of the LVM volumes.  I have
> created a /boot partition since the first time I put a 20GB drive in a
> machine whose bios would only recognize a 2GB limit.

+1, my usual policy is to create /boot and / on no LVM partitions, then
create my /home, /var, and other "data" partitions on LVM.  That has
simplified troubleshooting in the past, since I can always boot up and
operate on the system, if I've had trouble.

--
Eric Feldhusen
Network Administrator    http://www.remc1.org
eric at remc1.org
PO Box 270              (906) 482-4520  x239
809 Hecla St            (906) 482-5031 fax
Hancock, MI  49930      (906) 370 6202 mobile