rc.local

Justin W jlist at jdjlab.com
Mon Aug 20 19:33:25 UTC 2007

edwarner99 at yahoo.com wrote:
> I tried both suggestions without any success. Is  there a way to
> monitor what is happening?
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48248/*http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz>

Instead of redirecting to null, try redirected to a tmp file somewhere.
Better yet, try some strace's to see what's going on (redirecting it's
output to a file too, of course). Maybe something like:

strace -o /tmp/su_trace su regularUser -c
"/home/me/folding/FAH504-Linux.exe >/tmp/fah_output &"

or

su regularUser -c "strace -o /tmp/fah_trace
/home/me/folding/FAH504-Linux.exe >/tmp/fah_output &"