A2ps - man page printing problem

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 20 20:50:50 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 08:27 -0700, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 01:40:01PM +0100, John Horne wrote:
> > The man page was printed, but some parts of it were incorrect. Where the
> > man page shows on my PC:
> >
> >    digits, and the underscore (’_’) character.
> >
> > The printed man page has:
> >
> >    digits, and the underscore (aM-^@M-^Y_aM-^@M-^Y) character.
>
> The correct way to do this would be:
>
> $ man -t visudo | lp
>
> or perhaps
>
> $ man -t visudo | mpage -2 -P
>
> If you want it two pages per sheet like a2ps does by default.
I am not sure what correct means in this context. Ok, I missed the -2;
my bad, but:
man visudo |mpage -2 -P
would work without the -t option.
And this is a table ma'am. What in essence it consists of is a
horizontal rectilinear plane surface maintained by four vertical
columnar supports, which we call legs. The tables in this laboratory,
ma'am, are as advanced in design as one will find anywhere in the world.
-- Michael Frayn, "The Tin Men"
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net