HP warranty

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Aug 21 01:07:56 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 15:58 -0700, David L. Gehrt wrote:
> When I tried to register the hardware I had some problems relating to
> the failure of Internet access to an HP computer system.  I called
> the tech support line to do the thing, but I aborted this call when  I
> was told by a tech support person AND his supervisor that I would be
> ineligible for tech support because about the first thing I did with
> the system was blow away Vista and installed Fedora Linux (FC6, not F7
> or F8).

Unless they specifically mention supporting Linux, it's a fair bet that
the vendor support deals with just two things:  Actual faulty hardware
returns/replacements, and a few preset Windows configurations.  On that
note, if they can get it to work with their preset conditions, that's
all that they'll care about, not whether it works in the way that you
wanted it to.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.1-41.fc7 i686 i386