Memory Prices

R A Jon Hamelin jon_hamelin at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 21 14:55:30 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:

>    I was pleased to find TigerDirect has 2 gig of RAM memory for
> $75.00 shipped. This is as cheap as I have seen it and I recall I paid
> $120.00 for 500K when I built this computer. Memory is the only thing
> getting cheaper :-)
>
> --
>
>     Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
>     Linux User
>     #450462   http://counter.li.org.
A word of caution. Memory is quite cheap right now, however, and this is
especially true of ASUS mb's, read your manual, or better yet visit
their site and make sure your memory is compatible with your board. Ram
at any price is not cheap if your mb won't accept it.

I just paid $62.49 per 1GB chip of Patriot PC2-6400 800MHz CL5. Their
PC3200 was $102.99 per GB.
Good luck,

Jon

--