apcupsd-cgi

tony.chamberlain at lemko.com tony.chamberlain at lemko.com
Tue Aug 21 18:49:51 UTC 2007

I installed apcusb-cgi too on the centos. There was not a libcrypto.so.5
so I copied one from Fedora and put it into /lib. The web stuff from
apubsb-cgi is in /var/www/cgi-bin/apcupsd. Wehn I run it either standalone
or from the web it sort of works, but I get this error message:

(This looks a lot nicer on the web page but I cannot cut and paste). Basically it is telling me it cannot open hosts.
An ls shows -rw-r--r-- 2 root root 391 Aug 14 10:59 /etc/hosts which looks like it is readable. Does it also need to
be writeable? If so, should I run it under tomcat so root has access?

Message: 5