bash cli

Stuart Murray-Smith eight32 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 20:44:25 UTC 2007

> > Oh dear, I've forgotten what the bash cli is to see the output of a
> > command line input (it dumps  result to screen). Pretty much the same
> > bash functionality as Ctrl-R gives one a rolling history of entered
> > commands.
> >
> > Coul someone please remind me :-)
> >
> > TiA, and have a great day!
> >
> > Stu@
> >

> Are you thinking of Shift+PageUp & Shift+PageDown buttons to scroll
> through large output displays

Thanks Don. Yes, similar to Shift{PageUp|PageDown} which are keystroke
sequences in themselves to manipulate command line view, what I have
in mind brings any background processes/output to the command line.
I've manned bash and perused 'trap' and the 'bg|fg|&' functionality,
and it's similar to that.

Thanks so far guys :-)

Stu@

--
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.