problems with rewrite rules for clean urls for Drupal

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 22 06:17:27 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 19:07 -0500, Scott wrote:
> And the error I get from apache is this: [root at pilotalk ~]# service
> httpd restart
> Stopping httpd:
> [FAILED]
> Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 16
> of /etc/httpd/conf.d/drupal.conf:
> Invalid command '\xa0', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not
> included in the server configuration
> [root at pilotalk~]#
>  But I don't see a xa0' in my conf file.  What is up with this I wonder?

The snippet you provided wasn't 16 lines long, so we can't tell where
Apache is getting upset.  The error, is on the 16th line.  It'd be a
character mistyped (\xa0 looks like a character escape sequence, to me,
meaning character number A0 in the hexadecimal numerical system).

If you can't see the error, it might be easiest just to retype that
line.  I recall you saying that you're editing Linux files through
Windows, so that might be the cause (if it's a character issue).

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.1-41.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.