Does anyone know how to get boinc running ??

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Wed Aug 22 20:21:38 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 00:57 -0400, William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> Just downloaded and installed boinc.  I keep getting the error message
> "BOINC Manager is not able to connect to a BOINC client.
> Would you like to try to connect again?"
>
> I am flumexed.  It ran without problems under FC6.  I have tried
> everything I can think of to trace back the problem.  Could it be a
> SElinux problem?  There are no SELinux trouble shooter warnings.
>
> I installed it from root into a folder in user but all the permissions
> look right?  Boinc_mgr opens but remains a sleeping process while it
> tries to connect.
>
> I am running F7.  All suggestions warmly received.

Sure your firewall is permitting it?  Try turning off iptables and
running it.  If it works, put a rule in that opens the port.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-              Careful!  Ugly strikes 9 out of 10 people!            -