F7 is working fine

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Aug 24 02:02:15 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 10:26 -0700, Rick Stevens wrote:
> Bittorrent (a.k.a. "bt") uses torrent files which tell bt how to find
> shares of the file.  BT then goes out and grabs pieces of the file(s)
> from the various servers in parallel and reassembles those pieces into
> the right order to make up the desired image.  It does this so that no
> single download site gets "hammered" and has to supply the entire
> file.

Though, it's usually the case that those "servers" are other people's
PCs, rather than dedicated servers that are always running, have the
whole file to share, and have good speed and bandwidth.  Because you're
getting files from other users, you have to contend with things like:
There not being users sharing that file, or enough of them, now or later
on.  Users who can only supply a slow feed...

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.1-41.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.