Problems booting after new motherboard - label /1 not found

Ben Suffolk ben at vanilla.net
Fri Aug 24 11:52:27 UTC 2007

Hi Again,

Just to let you know I have fixed this issue, it was because of a
missing driver for the disk. What I did to fix it was this :-

1. Boot from the rescue CD

2. chroot /mnt/sysimage

3. edit  /etc/modprobe.conf and change the scsi_nv to scsi_via

4. Delete (or rename for safety) /boot/initrd-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4.img

5. /sbin/mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4.img 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4

Then a reboot and all works as expected. Hope this solution helps
somebody.

Regards

Ben