Shell Script help

Cassian Luppu cassian.luppu at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 12:59:58 UTC 2007

Hi all.

Let me explain what I want to do.

I need to connect to a remote smtp server, I have username and password to
log in using, for instance telnet.
What I want is a shell script to log into the server (using telnet), then
send an email with a subject, with a certain sender and always to the same
person (basically a email set up to recieve alerts) and with a small text.
All should be done using the telnet commands, like MAIL FROM, RCPT TO,
DATA...

My guess is that I should use expect, shouldn't I?
Any example or aproachs will be more than appreciated.

Thanks you all in advance.
Cassian