gnome keyring help?

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 24 20:22:39 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 20:16 +0100, William Murray wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 12:00 -0400, fedora-list-request at redhat.com wrote:
> > > Try either the same password as you use in evolution or the same one
> > you
> > > use to login to gnome with and see if that works.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Mike Chambers
> > > Madisonville, KY
> > >
> > > "Best little town on Earth!"
> > >
> > Or use gnome-keyring which shows up
> > System->Preferences->services->keyring manager
>
> The first was correct (or nearly - I tried the ssh passwd I used at
> login. Stupid - thanks.)
>    But the second I fiend very odd. The keyring manager allows
> deletion/creation, but nothing else, as far as I can see...
>    Bill
On my machine the keyring manager allows the displaying of passwds in
clear text and presumably allows you to change them.

These of course are only keying options that are managed by the
gnome-keyring. You probaly will need the pam-keyring now that I think
about it.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>