dirhash hint?

Claude Jones cjones at levitjames.com
Sat Aug 25 02:05:53 UTC 2007

On Fri August 24 2007, Tom Horsley wrote:
> Just installed latest updates, and since that included a new
> kernel I did a reboot. When it got to the filesystem checks,
> a brand new message I've never seen came out for each filesystem:
> "adding dirhash hint to filesystem".
>
> In the words of Carol Cleveland: "What on earth does that mean?"

saw the same - googled that exact message - there are lots of posts on this
from many different distros

one hint: take a look at /etc/fstab

haven't sorted it out yet - I tried one fstab suggestion of deleting trailing
spaces and lines - got a warning that I hadn't left a trailing line when it
was shutting down for a reboot, but it came back up with no warnings

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA