New Computer

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat Aug 25 14:44:36 UTC 2007

    The Bare Bones boxes arrived and I like the Aluminum box and the
motherboard was easy to install and set up. I have not yet received my
RAM so not able to finish the job. I should have ordered it with the kit
:-(

    Had the usual luck. Got it all together and decided to listen to the
beeps. But when I plugged it in there was nothing. I had not put the
front panel lights and switches on the motherboard right. I pulled them
all off and then in good light with a magnifying glass I got the darn
things on right and it runs properly. I need to find a jumper that is
set to make it hard to turn off the thing. It is the thing that lets you
start the computer by touching the mouse. I need to move the jumper so
you really must press the start button. Old fashioned I know 8-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User