BOIS Blues again

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat Aug 25 17:28:55 UTC 2007

    Here is what worked for years: The Grub was on disk hd0 and Linux
was on hd0,0 thru 6 and hd1,0 thru 7. The BIOS could find all the Linux
/boot/grub/ without fail.

    Now I have just one hard drive all set in the BIOS setup and I went
up in the F7 Rescue cd and told grub the following:

Grub> root (hd0,5)
Grub> setup (hd0)
Grub> quit

This worked according to the written info from grub. But It would not
work. I would get a bios error.

    So I installed FC6 basic in the (hd0,0) partition and it worked
fine. Then I added the directions to this F7 and of course Grub found
it. Here I am again on the old computer.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User