AppArmor for Fedora

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Sun Aug 26 21:34:13 UTC 2007

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 15:02:58 -0500
"Javier Perez" <pepebuho at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is anybody working to port AppArmor to Fedora?

Not that I know of.

> It does similar work like SELINUX but it is supposed to be user frendlier.
> Where do I ask the powers that be to include it?

Fedora follows upstream. Upstream for now has rejected AppArmor for a
variety of very sound technical reasons. in part to do with whether its
actually secure, or even possibly to build a proper security model with
it.

At the moment there are about five security models being pushed for
upstream, and you may see some of them merged in the end.