Small problem with ssh/know_hosts

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Sun Aug 26 22:18:48 UTC 2007

On Sunday, Aug 26th 2007 at 16:46 -0400, quoth Neil Cherry:

=>Steven W. Orr wrote:
=>> I replaced a machine (pluto) and I made sure that the entry on both sides
=>> for known_hosts for both src and dest were removed. When I try to go from
=>> pluto to saturn there's no problem. But when I try to go from saturn to
=>> pluto I get this warning every time. Pluto is Fedora 7 and saturn is Core 4
=>> (if that matters).
=>>
=>> 543 > ssh pluto
=>> Warning: the RSA host key for 'pluto' differs from the key for the IP
=>> address '192.168.0.2'
=>> Offending key for IP in /home/steveo/.ssh/known_hosts:1
=>> Matching host key in /home/steveo/.ssh/known_hosts:23
=>> Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?
=>>
=>>
=>> Anyone? :-(
=>
=>Pluto have a new unique hash (?) associated with the ssh installation.
=>When you replaced the machine did you install new or are you using
=>the old disk?

Let's say it's new. Where is the file that holds the old hash?