CUPS problem

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Aug 26 23:51:39 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-08-26 at 21:03 +0200, PerAntonRønning wrote:
> As to memtest86: I installed FC5 from 5 CD's ( i did no have a DVD
> burner at the time, but I have one now, since CD seems to be history),
> I have been looking around a bit, but I have not found out where
> memtest is located.

On the first screen there's prompts about what you can do, including
pressing some F keys to see more information.  On one of those screens,
it tells you to type in memtest86 (or memtest86+, I can't remember), and
away it goes.

You can run this from any install disc, it doesn't have to be the same
Linux release.  It's a standalone program that's run from the CD.  You
can, also, install it to a hard drive through yum, which adds it to your
bootmenu.  But it's not worth the bother of doing that for a once off
test.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.1-41.fc7 i686 i386