How do i auto sign rpm's with rpmbuild?

RavenOak ravenoak at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 22:29:16 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 21:27 +0200, Mark wrote:
> Hey,
>
> i'm making quite a few rpm's at this moment but i can't seem to find
> out how to auto sign them.
>
> I currently run commands like this:
> rpmbuild -ba --sign my_rpm.spec
>
> than it wants me to fill in a passphrase. i want to do that automatically.
> It is possible (i don't assume that fedora is typing it all manually
> for there packages).
> Any idea's on how to do this?
>
> Mark

Use 'keychain' (RPM available through default repo, just install using
yum).  You can have it manage both ssh and gpg keys.  However, the GPG
Agent (which is really what you are using, keychain is a very elaborate
wrapper around it that actually does add some value) has a short default
time-out (like 30min or so...) you can do a man `gpg-agent` to learn
more.

--Tim