New Computer

Peter Connolly psconnolly at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 02:03:36 UTC 2007

Well (obviously), I do have an issue with posters that use a public maillist
as their vanity journal.  This and other maillists like it are not personal
blogs.

The best way to use this and other maillists is to state a problem that
you're having (after you've actually spent some time researching it).  Then
people can intelligently help with the problem or at least point you in the
right direction.  One look at the initial entry in this thread would show
you that it is a journal entry, not a question, and even as a journal entry
it is of no use to anyone.

I listen in on many maillists and having microbloggers like this is no
different than having to deal with spammers in email inboxes.  It really
kills the usefulness of the maillist.  And when you're watching/posting to
numerous maillists, using the delete key is a poor substitute for people
using maillists as they were intended.