CUPS problem

PerAntonRønning pa-ronn at online.no
Tue Aug 28 07:27:13 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> PerAntonRønning:  [about memtest results]
>
>> Yes, it came through. I run 5 full passes and got error count =0, but
>> is 5 passes ususally enough?
>>

> Probably is a good enough indicator.

Yes. Yesterday I went out and let another memory test run, and when I
came home it had completed 13 passes, still with error count = 0.
I suppose that the error count is not re-initialized to 0 every time a
new pass starts,
since every new pass occupies the same statistics line on the screen, at
least in my version of memtest.
Q:Does memtest produce a log file? At least I don't find one in
/var/log, but then again, I gurss a logfile would not be possible since
the file system is not mounted.

In conclusion, I guess my memory chips are OK. Could there be a bus
problem, or something up that alley?  Is there some way of testing she
screen card in a similar manner?
I still hesitate to believe that all the Linux distros that I have tried
produce the same screen freeze condition.

I am seriously planning for FC7, I have located the FC7 version of "The
Bible" (Christopher Negus - published on Wiley: "Fedora X and Red Hat
Enterprise Linux X-1,  X=5,6,7,---) , this has been a quote good and
comprehensive FC5 manual.
Does anyone have a better suggestion, by the way?

Brgds
PAR