Problem updating rpmdevtools

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 15:19:39 UTC 2007

On 28/08/07, Fernando Apesteguía <fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I run an update today. The list of available packages included
> rpmdevtools. The problem is that the transaction test failed with:
>
>  file /usr/lib/rpm/check-rpaths-worker from install of
> rpm-build-4.4.2.1-1.fc6 conflicts with file from package
> rpmdevtools-5.3-1.fc6
>
> I use my system to create some .rpm packages so I aborted the install
> to avoid system breaking. Anybody with the same problem? Should I
> force the update?

I saw this too.  For some reason doing the yum update from
the command line worked[1].  I notice it installed fakeroot from
extras while doing so.

[1] Specifically, I did check-updates and then yum update
  specifying manually all the listed packages.  The only
  reason for doing that was that I'm avoiding a particular
  (unrelated) update (due to repo conflict) and didn't want
  to look up the exclude syntax.

--
imalone