F7 updates not making to public

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 29 09:35:21 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 11:05 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Anyway, concerning your comment, Tim, for a mirror to be up-to-date
> quickly after new updates have been released, it takes a passionate
> mirror-admin.

I would have thought it to be entirely automatic, so the admin didn't
have to do anything unless a fault occurred.  At least for the mirrors
that YUM has lists of.

On the other hand, I see local ISPs sometimes mirroring Linux, but
rarely updating the updates files.  They're okay for an initial install,
but useless for maintaining your system.  These ones wouldn't be used by
YUM anyway, unless you added them to your mirror list, manually.

--
(This PC runs FC4, my others FC5 & FC6, in case that's important
 to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.