Fedora7 Boot Problem.

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Aug 29 11:08:02 UTC 2007

clemens at dwf.com wrote:
> This is just a heads up for whoever maintains the boot code in Fedora.
>
> On Friday I installed Fedora7 to a new partition on my machine.
> When it asked if I wanted to install GRUB I said NO.
> This is my usual response, its easier to add the one new boot param to
> grub.conf, than having to copy all the old ones there.

    I think this is not true. I can copy 100 lines as easy as 1.
> In any case, the machine WOULD NOT BOOT.
> About three lines printed, including the "kernel" info, but NOT the
> "initrd" info.

    I think you mean to say that after saying NO to the loaders request
to set up grub, you found the OLD grub setup was no longer working?

> Today I reinstalled, said YES, and everything is OK.
> I have to assume that SOMETHING is not getting done in the install
> sequence when you say NO.  It will take someone familiar with the code
> to check this out,- but the rest of you, be warned.

    If your saying that the loader did ruin your OLD grub setup it is a
bug against anaconda. If the OLD grub was fine then it isn't.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User